SideFX Labs Toolset (as of Hou 18.0.532)
The SideFX Labs Toolset library.
“One piece of software can’t meet all the challenges you face in a day. Houdini can be the backbone to your pipeline, allowing other packages to send and receive assets to streamline your pipeline. SideFX Labs provides integrations that include support for photogrammetry, lookdev, texture generation and more.”
Updated : 09-04-2020
Table of Contents
- Labs AV Analyze Images – Match all features between candidate image pairs using Alicevision.
- Labs AV Depth Map – Retrieves the depth value of each pixel from the cameras using Alicevision.
- Labs AV Initialize – Configure which images to process using Alicevision.
- Labs AV Meshing – Creates a dense geometric surface representation of the scene using Alicevision.
- Labs AV Photogrametery – The complete Alicevision photogrammetry pipeline.
- Labs AV Structure from Motion – Detects 3D points with position and orientation and calibrate the cameras accordingly using Alicevision.
- Labs AV Texturing – Texture the generated mesh using Alicevision.
- Labs Delete Small Parts – Removes pieces based on connectivity and size.
- Labs Quadranglulate – Simple Node to take a triangulated mesh and attempt to collapse the diagonal edges to return the mesh to a quad dominant state
- Labs Remove Inside Faces – This tool removes inside faces for objects that are intersecting.
- Labs Color Adjustment – Several Common Adjustment Operations on Vertex Colors.
- Labs Color Blend – Blends Color data on 2 separate meshes based on common algorithms.
- Labs Color Gradient – Generates a Vertex Color Gradient on a mesh.
- Labs Delight – Remove light and shadow variation from photogrammetry textures.
- Labs Edge Color – Color sharp edges on geometry.
- Labs Destruction Cleanup – Prepare rigid body simulation results for export, reducing redundant geometry, cleaning normals, cleaing attributes.
- Labs Inside Face UVs – Create UV’s for inside faces of voronoi fractured geometry.
Labs RBD Edge Strip – Generate polystrips on fractured geometry for extra destruction detail in game engines.
- Labs Dem Bones Skinning Converter – Dem Bones Skinning Converter is a SOP that can convert any non-changing topology deforming mesh sequence into a bone based animation.
- Labs ROP Volume Texture – Take a volume as an input and export a texture of the density field.
- Labs Sketchfab Output – Uploads geometry to Sketchfab.
- Labs Skinning Converter – Skinning Converter is a SOP that can convert any non-changing topology deforming mesh sequence into a bone based animation.
- Labs Static Fracture Export – The Static Fracture SOP takes static geometry data from sop level, and separates them into newly generated geometry containers on object level.
- Labs Terrain Mesh ROP – The Terrain Segment SOP allows you to convert the plugged in heightfield into geometry.
- Labs Terrain Mixture ROP – The Terrain Texture rop SOP renders image data from a heightfield.
- Labs Flowmap – This utility tool sets up a flowmap template on your input geometry.
- Labs Flowmap Comb – Adjust surface point normals by painting.
- Labs Flowmap Obstacle – The flowmap obstacle SOP allows for easy modifications on the flowmap based on geometry.
- Labs Flowmap to Color – The flowmap to color SOP converts the flowmap data to vertex colors.
- Labs Flowmap Visualize – A high quality realtime preview of a flowmap texture in the Houdini viewport.
- Labs Guide Flowmap – The Guide Flowmap modifies a flowmap based on a guide curve.
- Labs Splatter – Creates a POP Fluid simulation setup for splattering.
- Labs Gaea Tor Processor – N/A.
- Labs Axis Align – Easy way to align your models’ XYZ Axis based on its bounding boxes. (Matchsize – Resizes and recenters the geometry according to reference geometry.)
- Labs Boxcutter – TODO (Multi Boolean)
- Labs Curve Branches – Scatters curves over curves, with many intuitive controls to go from clean geometric branches to organic vines. Duplicates of this sop can be chained together for recursive growth, approximating the look of L-Systems but much more controllable. Generates simple branching structures, like trees, cracks and lightning. It can also be chained together and works recursively.
- Labs Cylinder Generator – Create a tube from a curve, with uv’s and normals.
- Labs Decal Projector – Project a decal (localised piece of geometry and a texture) onto geometry.
- Labs Detail Mesh – The Detail Mesh SOP allows you to project a so called detail mesh onto template geometry.
- Labs Disc Generator – Create a polygon disc with uv’s and normals.
- Labs Dissolve Flat Edges – Remove edges on flat surfaces.
- Labs Exoside QuadRemesher – https://exoside.com/quadremesherdata/plugins_webdoc_link.php?App=Houdini
- Labs Extract Silhouette – Create an outline of an object projected from one of the axes, xyz.
- Labs GameRes – Full Pipeline Node to Take High Res Models to Low Res.
- Labs Houdini Icon – Geometric representation for Houdini icon.
- Labs Instance Meshes – This tool allows you to run geometry through InstantMeshes and generate a quad mesh.
- Labs Lightning – Generate lightning effect around meshes.
- Labs Mesh Sharpen – Sharpens the geometry based on curvature.
- Labs Mesh Slice – Clips the geometry into multiple submeshes based on a 3d grid pattern.
- Labs Multi Bounding Box – Generate Several Bounding Boxes For the Input Mesh.
- Labs Path Deform – Deform geometry along a curve.
- Labs PolyDeform – Warps a source mesh to match the shape of a target. Incredibly useful for modifying scanned data.
- Labs Quick Material – The QuickMaterial sop is a convenience tool that allows you to very easily set up PBR materials.
- Labs Repair – Quickly Spot Heal a Mesh.
- Labs RizomUV Optimize –
- Labs RizomUV Bridge – Enables the use of Rizom UV within Houdini.
- Labs RizomUV Rectangularize –
- Labs RizomUV Unwrap –
- Labs Soften Normals – Soften Normals is a convenience SOP that is frequently used to prepare geometry for baking.
- Labs Sphere Generator – The sphere generator creates a sphere from a cube with uv’s and normals.
- Labs Spiral – The Spiral sop creates a curve that starts at the origin and spirals out for one full revolution.
- Labs Split Primitives by Normal – Split primitives into separate outputs based on normals.
- Labs Star – Hello World! 😉
- Labs Straight Skeleton 2D – Generate the central curve (straight skeleton) for 2D input shapes.
- Labs Straight Skeleton 3D – Generates a curve based on the internal structure of a mesh.
- Labs Straighten – Orients a mesh based on UP and FRONT groups.
- Labs Substance – Well, you know…
- Labs Sweep Geometry – Sweeps a piece of geometry along a curve. Useful for generating roads and bridges based on modules.
- Labs Symmatrize – Clips and mirrors geometry along an axis.
- Labs Test Geometry: Luiz – A scan of Luiz Kruel.
- Labs Test Geometry: Paul – A scan of Paul Ambrosiussen.
- Labs Thicken – Extrudes a mesh along it’s averaged normals.
- Labs TriPlanar Displace – N/A.
- Labs Voxel Mesh – Convert a Polygon Mesh into a Volume and back into Polygons, A very common node chain is VDB From Polygons, followed immediately by a Convert VDB.
- Labs Wang Tiles Sample – Sample tiles that can be used as Wang Tilesets
- Labs GoZ Export – Sends Houdini Mesh data automatically to Zbrush.
- Labs GoZ Import – Contains GoZ data sent from Zbrush.
- Labs Group by Measure – Allows for grouping geometry based on properties that can be measured.
- Labs Group Curve Corners – Creates Groups for Inside and Outside corner points.
- Labs FBX Archive Import – Import an FBX as an archive similar to how the Alembic Archive sop works.
- Labs MapBox – Generate color, height and Open Street Map (OSM) curves using data provided by mapbox.com.
- Labs Multi File – Load several Geometry files at once.
- Labs OBJ Importer – Import an OBJ File including its materials and textures.
- Labs OSM Buildings – Generate Buildings from OSM Data.
- Labs OSM Filter – Isolates Specific OSM Data Layers.
- Labs OSM Import – Imports Open Street Map Data.
- Labs Trace PSD File – Generates Curves from Photoshop File Layers.
- Labs 2D WaveFunctionCollapse – The main WFC node: The solver.
- Labs Align and Distribute – Spread a collection of shapes along an axis.
- Labs Attribute Value Replace – Allows you to replace attribute values with others.
- Labs Edge Group To Curve – Converts an Edge Group to a Poly Curve
- Labs Extract Filename – Utility SOP to store the filename of a file SOP as its detail attributes to be then used in other SOPs.
- Labs Mesh Tiler – N/A.
- Labs Min Max Average – Multiple Min/Max/Average Analysis in a single node.
- Labs Turntable – Rotates the input geometry around itself based on the timeline.
- Labs Maps Baker – Generates textures bakes from a high resolution to low resolution model at near interactive speeds.
- Labs ROP Vector Field – Export a vector field, compatible with Unreal Engine.
- Labs Simple Baker – SOP Based Baking of Texture Maps.
- Labs RC Align Images –
- Labs RC Create Model –
- Labs RC Extract Cameras –
- Labs RC Register Images –
- Labs RC Texture Model –
- Labs RC Texture Model Core –
- Labs HF Combine Masks – Simplifies the process of blending masks together in Heightfields.
- Labs HF Insert Mask – Allows you to insert a layer from another heightfield.
- Labs Niagra ROP – Export point caches to be used with Unreal’s Niagara particle system.
- Labs Terrain Layer Export – The terrain layer export SOP exports a heightfield with the correct settings for Unreal.
- Labs Terrain Layer Import – The terrain layer import SOP exports a heightfield with the correct settings from Unreal.
- Labs Unreal Pivot Painter – Pivot Painter is a SOP that stores model pivot and rotation information in the model’s vertex data and additional UV channels. Tool to generate the appropriate data necessary for Unreal 4’s pivot based animation nodes.
- Labs Box Clip – Clip geometry to a resizable box region.
- Labs Calculate Occlusion – Vertex Based Ambient Occlusion Calculation.
- Labs Calculate Slope – Calculate the slope of a surface by comparing to a direction, and optionally blur and remap the result.
- Labs Distance From Borders – Calculates the distance for each point from the nearest unshared edge,
- Labs Extract Border – Extract curves from Meshes.
- Labs LOD Create – The LOD Create SOP allows for easy LOD generation.
- Labs Lot Subdivision – Divide polygons into panels.
- Labs Make Loop – Takes a mesh or volume that is animated and loops them.
- Labs Measure Curvature – Generates Point Colors based on the Curvature of the Model.
- Labs Retime – Simple Interface to Change the Timing of an animation.
- Labs Sine Wave – Deforms a mesh based on a sine wave curve.
- Labs Trim Texture –
- Labs WFC Initialize Grid – A utility tool to initialize a WFC grid to be used with the WFC Solver.
- Labs WFC Sample Paint –
- Labs Auto UV – Automatically Generates UV Attributes.
- Labs Automatic Trim Texture –
- Labs Export UV Wireframe – Allows you to export the UV wireframe for texturing.
- Labs Group UV Borders – Allows you to easily group the UV borders.
- Labs Merge Small Islands – Consolidates Small UV Islands into Larger Neighbors.
- Labs Texel Density – Calculates and corrects texel density of an asset.
- Labs Trim Texture –
- Labs UV Transfer – Transfer uv’s between a source and target geometry.
- Labs UV Unitize – Converts every primitive to 0-1 UVs.
- Labs UV Visualize – Different methods of visualizing UV Data.
- Labs Procedural Smoke – The procedural smoke SOP will generate an animated volume to represent smoke.
- Labs Building Generator – Convert low-resolution blockout geometry into detailed buildings using a library of user defined modules.
- Labs Building Generator Utility – Create base modules to use with the building generator, as well as override base module behavior.
- Labs Cable Generator – Given a curve that represents the high ‘pin’ points and low ‘sag’ points of a cable, this sop will generate sagging cables, with user definable cable count, shape, colour.
- Labs Dirt Skirt – Create a geometry ‘skirt’ where an object and ground plane intersect, to be used as a soft blend in a game engine.
- Labs Physics Painter – Physics Painter is a SOP that allows users to paint physics objects onto any other object.
- Labs Pick and Place – Allows you to interactively place individual objects in a scene.
- Labs Quick Basic Tree –
- Labs Road Generator – Generate roads from curves or OSM data.
- Labs SciFi Panels – Example HDA from the Rebirth Project to generate Sci Fi Panneling.
- Labs Snow Buildup – Adds geometry to an input mesh that mimics snow buildup
- Labs Wang Tiles Decoder – A decoder that decodes color information into Wang Tilesets.
- Labs Snow Buildup –